Update 11th September 2020
In July we partially re-opened the club facilities, and have been following guidelines from the Welsh Government carefully since then.
The current situation is that the entrance corridor, heads (including showers), dinghy store, and external environs are open. The club rooms and galley must unfortunately remain closed at present.
Access to the heads, showers, entrance corridor and dinghy store depend on us all following the social distancing rules, and the provisions detailed in the Risk Assessment Document you can find here.
Please take time to read it carefully as it details what you should do in order to keep yourself and each other safe.
I cannot over-emphasize the responsibility of all members to behave considerately, keeping yourselves and others safe.
Whilst the club facilities have been prepared as detailed in the risk assessment, the responsibility to implement sections 1 , 3 & 5 lie with us all.
On visiting the club you will find some things a little different:
- The Signing in Book / Visitors Book is in the entrance corridor just to the left as you enter. There is only one book, the visitor pages are at the back. You are asked to give extra details – a contact phone number and the time you came into the club and time you left. This is in case they are needed for ‘Test and Trace’.
*** NOTE: you MUST sign in and record time of arrival and leaving for EACH VISIT (not just once per day)
- The First Aid cupboard is also in the entrance corridor, so that it is accessible if anyone needs to use it. It contains gloves, face masks and a visor in addition to its normal contents. If you are in close contact with someone not in your household, both the casualty and first responder should wear face coverings. Members are reminded that in the event of a person needing resuscitation, only CPR is allowed. No initial breaths are to be given.
- The accident book is also in the entrance corridor.
- If someone visits the club with symptoms of Covid 19 or there is contamination with body fluids, the club should be immediately closed by any member, and the Commodore or Secretary informed. (There is a sign under the First Aid cabinet).
- Sanitizer is provided in the entrance corridor (on the left as you enter), heads and dingy store and members should sanitize their hands on entry and exit. There is also sanitizing spray in the heads for all members to clean the surfaces they touch.
Committee members cannot be present at the club all the time, so it is important that if you feel anything is not working well, or if you feel unsafe whilst you are there, you let me know.
I would like to thank all members in anticipation of their patience and cooperation during the time when we are only able to partially open the club. You can be assured that we are planning what needs
to be done in order to open more fully in the future.